Welcome to our Governors’ section.
At present, St. Mary's CofE (VC) Primary School has an Interim Executive Board (IEB) who undertake all aspects of governance at our school. The IEB is a small group of governors with considerable skills and experience in education to support the school leadership team to address the key school improvement priorities identified.
The IEB does not have committees but uses the specialist knowledge and understanding of the group to ensure all governance requirements are met. Whilst individuals do have specific areas of expertise and use these to inform the IEB, the IEB works collectively overall.
Robin Taverner - Chair of the IEB (appointed September 2020)
• 16 years headship experience in 2 schools.
• Joint executive headteacher providing support to a school in an Ofsted category.
• School Improvement Partner and Adviser
• Lead Ofsted Inspector
Areas of particular expertise
• Supporting leadership in self-evaluation
• Supporting leadership in the development of whole school effectiveness
• Training and supporting school leaders at all levels including school governors
• Use and analysis of performance data
Sean Tobin - CEO Berlesduna Trust
Heather Tetchner - Member of the IEB (appointed July 2017)
The school's Diocese support partner focused on supporting the Teaching & Learning Environment.
Heather advises the IEB on the religious, spiritual and Church of England aspects of the school.