Local Governing Board
Welcome to our Governors’ section
Governors are responsible for overseeing the management side of a school: strategy, policy, budgeting and staffing. They enable our school to run as effectively as possible, working alongside the Headteacher and supporting teachers to provide excellent education to children. Being a school governor is a commitment to attending the LGB meetings which consider issues such as setting the school vision, mitigating financial risk and scrutinising educational outcomes. They are also involved in the school community, acting as critical friends to the headteacher. Governors bring a wide range of skills and expertise from their professional lives to the governing board and schools benefit greatly from working with skilled volunteers, for example anyone with experience of finance, law, premises management or human resources
Robin Taverner - Chair of the LGB (appointed September 2021)
• 16 years headship experience in 2 schools.
• Joint executive headteacher providing support to a school in an Ofsted category.
• School Improvement Partner and Adviser
• Lead Ofsted Inspector
Areas of particular expertise
• Supporting leadership in self-evaluation
• Supporting leadership in the development of whole school effectiveness
• Training and supporting school leaders at all levels including school governors
• Use and analysis of performance data